Beats Updater is a simple application that was designed to help Beats products users to update their devices and maintain their functionality between optimal parameters.
Use Beats Updater to keep your Beats wireless headphones, earphones, and speakers up to date with the latest firmware.
You can connect multiple devices with the application. By connecting each device; you can manage the settings that are particularly relevant for each device. The tray icon makes the management of all these devices easy, so changing the settings for individual devices is also possible. You can minimize it to sue the other applications of the computer without issues.
Install Beats Updater
If you meet the following system requirements, download Beats Updater, then double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Solo Pro, Studio3 Wireless, Studio Wireless, Solo3 Wireless, Solo2 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, Powerbeats2 Wireless, Powerbeats Pro, Pill 2.0, Beats Pill+, or Beatsx
- A recent version of Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later; or Windows 7 or later
If your device is turned on and connected to an iOS device, you don’t need to do the steps in this article.
Plug into USB port
Plug your Beats product directly into the USB port of your computer using the appropriate cable:
- Solo Pro, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Pill+ and Beatsx: Lightning-to-USB cable
- Other Beats products: micro-USB-to-USB cable that supports data transfer
Check for firmware updates
Click the Beats status icon in your menu bar, then click the name of your product to go to the Beats Updater website.
If a firmware update is available, and your battery is at least 20% charged, you’ll see an Update button in your browser window.
If your Beats product is paired with an Android device, you might also see a notification in the Beats app for Android.
Update your firmware
Click Update, then follow the onscreen instructions.
If Beats Updater doesn’t see your device or complete the update
- Make sure that the USB cable is securely connected to your computer and Beats product.
- Use another USB port on your computer. Don’t use a USB hub.
- Turn off your Beats product, then turn it back on.
- Reset your Beats product.
- Restart your computer.