What is BetterDiscord?
Better Discord is also a chat application like normal Discord. However, it comes with emojis and emotes directly from Twitch.tv. As well as there is a custom CSS editor available for you to change the platform the way you like it. Even it allows you to add plugins and extensions.
BetterDiscord is an optional customization add-on application for Discord, the world’s leading chat platform used for connecting gamers from all around the world into a single community that thrives on the comprehensive text and audio communication that far surpass the offerings of the competing applications such as Skype, Mumble, TeamSpeak and others.
When installed on your PC, BetterDiscord will unlock access to the new suite of helpful emotes, plugins and themes, transforming your Discord app into much more customizable platform that can help your optimize your daily workflow, showcase your style and allow easier access to all your online friends, in-app discussion boards and more.
Fix: BetterDiscord Not Working
Usually this is caused by one of 2 things: outdated/unsupported plugins or your connection is having issues retrieving information from the BD repo.
- Did you install “BetterDiscord + ” by chance?
- Are you using a wifi/mobile hotspot or wired connection? (If the 1st one switch to a wired connection if possible)
- Depending on your OS there is a log file in the “application data” folder for better discord. If it mentions “failed to load hash after 3 attempts” it’s a connection issue.
Is BetterDiscord safe to use?
BetterDiscord is against the Terms of Service for Discord, so you shouldn’t really use it. However, if you must use it, remember that the issue with it was cause by a malicious 3rd party theme that would send your token to a third party. If you were making your own theme, it would be safe.
However it is safe as long as you get stuff from the Better Discord server or if you only want to theme maker.
Need a BetterDiscord message logger
Follow this link and grab a fully working message longer plugin.
Is BetterDiscord allowed?
BetterDiscord and other client modifications are not allowed and are a violation of our Terms of Service. If you violate our ToS, you risk your account being disabled.
How do I download a theme from BetterDiscord?
- Install BetterDiscord.
- Join the BetterDiscord server.
- Open discord then go in settings -> BetterDiscord -> Themes -> Open theme folder.
- Slide the. .theme.css. file you downloaded into the folder that just opened.
- Step 6: Go back in settings -> BetterDiscord -> Themes and enable the theme.
How do I edit discord CSS?
- Open up the dev tools with F12 in the browser or Ctrl+Shift+I on desktop.
- Go to the sources tab.
- Under assets, you should see a file ending in .css.
- At the end of the file paste the code from here.
- This must be done each time you open discord. If you are using the browser version you can download Stylish and have it applied through that.