What is Tixati?
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you’ve obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the ‘Add’ button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient ‘Downloads’ folder on your desktop.
NO Spyware, NO Adware, NO Nonsense Guarantee
Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn’t add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn’t have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati v2.71 Portable Edition
This is a special build of Tixati meant to run on USB flash-drives or other portable media. It is self-contained and keeps all configuration files within its executable folder, and stores all paths in a format relative to the executable binary file. Executable binaries for both Linux and Windows are included, and the configuration files are platform-neutral.
Features and Highlights
- Detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers
- Support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available
- Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- Peer connection encryption for added security
- Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for tracker less torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding
- Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers
- Bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all downloaded files, what pieces other peers have available, and the health of the overall swarm
- Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- Expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different partition even while downloading is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
- Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available