What is Rivatuner Statistics Server?
RivaTuner is one of the most commonly used tools for overclocking. Overclocking is a practice of increasing a component’s clock rate more than certified by the manufacturer. Often, the action is executed on the central processing unit or graphical processing unit.
The software has a graphical interface that allows users to tweak certain driver-levels, as such, that it has gained fame, especially among gamers. RivaTuner tool is used to improve PC game performance, on-screen monitor system, overclock the graphics card, etc. The freeware program was last updated in 2009.
RivaTuner is a freeware software tool programmed to make computing devices run faster than their original configuration precisely. It was initially developed for the NVIDIA video cards. It supports GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) based display adapters of several ATI graphics processors like ATI RADEON 8500, etc. It is compatible with most series of Windows OS, including Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vistas, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
With RivaTuner, users can tweak the application programming interfaces such as Direct3D and OpenGL. Direct3D is a Windows-based Graphics API that renders 3D graphics in applications and OpenGL is an API rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics. Also, it allows users to perform low-level hardware monitoring. RivaTuner works in two modes – tweaking graphics at driver level as well as low level.
- The server provides framerate and frametime monitoring support to the client applications. Framerate and frametime statistics is being collected for DirectX and OpenGL applications. The statistics can be rendered in On-Screen Display or provided to client applications connected to the server.
- The server provides 3D acceleration usage statistics to the client applications. The clients can use the statistics to determine if any 3D applications are currently running and apply different hardware profiles depending on it.
- The server provides On-Screen Display support to the client applications. The clients can display any text info in the On-Screen
- Display in DirectX and OpenGL applications. The server can be also used as a standalone framerate monitoring solution and display own framerate statistics in the On-Screen Display.
- The server provides desktop and in-game screen capture support to the client applications. BMP, PNG and JPG screen capture formats are supported.
- The server provides high-performance real-time desktop and in-game video capture support to the client applications.
- Uncompressed, high-performance custom RTV1 and native MJPG video encoding, encoding with third-party external VFW compatible codecs (e.g. Lagarith or x264vfw) and hardware accelerated H.264 encoding via Intel QuickSync, NVIDIA NVENC and AMD VCE are supported in conjunction with wide range of additional video capture related options, multisource stereo and multichannel (for Window Vista and newer) audio capture with Push-To-Talk support. The functionality of expensive commercial video capture products is now available to everyone absolutely for free! There is no need to buy dedicated video capture software anymore!
- Framerate limiting support. Limiting the framerate during gaming can help to reduce the power consumption as well as it can improve gaming experience due to removing unwanted micro stuttering effect caused by framerate fluctuations.
- User extendable architecture. You may express your creativity and design your own skins for RivaTuner Statistics Server, create localization for your native language, use the server to display any custom text in On-Screen Display directly from your own application and many, many more!