What is Logitech Options?
Logitech Options software lets you customize your device’s settings as follows: Change function key shortcuts; Customize mouse buttons; Adjust point and scroll behavior; Enable and disable touchpad gestures; Get on-screen notifications when your device’s battery runs low or when you press a lock key.
You can become more productive in an instant by downloading Logitech Options. Its an extremely easy-to-use yet it provides amazing features. Your devices show up as on-screen images, so they’re easy to find, switch, and set up in seconds. It couples years of Logitech hardware excellence with software smarts.
Customized buttons and Actions
Reassign any button on your mouse to perform virtually any task. For advanced devices, you can adjust the scroll wheel, cursor speed, and much more3. Enhanced key functions let you set Logitech keyboards to behave just the way you like.
Optimized Gestures for Windows and Mac OS
Enable the gesture button to reproduce trackpad gestures you’re already familiar with. Hold the gesture button and move the mouse up, down, left, or right to activate different actions such as Windows Task View or Mission Control on the Mac. Control your media playback, pan, zoom, and rotate too.
Application Specific Settings
Go beyond typical global settings. Set buttons to perform tasks in your favorite applications, then switch applications and the buttons perform different tasks. For example, use your back and forward buttons on the browser to move back and forth as usual, then switch to Adobe Photoshop and the same buttons can navigate between layers.
See Device Status at a Glance
With Notifications & Status you’ll get device-specific information such as battery level, key backlighting level, and Caps Lock at the right moment. Know when your battery life is about to run out and when it’s time to recharge so you’re never caught off guard. For Easy-Switch™ enabled keyboards you’ll be able to see which computers are paired to channels 1-2-3.
Create an Account to Backup your Device Settings
Create an account in Options to backup your device settings to the cloud automatically. You can retrieve the settings you want from one of your backups to set up your device on any computer easily.
How to Install Logitech Option on Windows and Use it
First, you need to install Logitech Options on Windows 10, Windows 7, or on Mac OS. Double Click on the file to run its setup and follow on-screen instructions. After that, it should be able to detect any compatible Logitech products automatically.
After that you need to pair Logitech mouse and keyboard manually. To do that press and hold multi device button until light flashes. Now add devices in Logitech Options, or click add unifying device for USB enabled devices. If the device has Bluetooth options then click on add Bluetooth device.
If logitech options not detecting mouse
If this utility is not detecting mouse on Windows 10 or Windows 7, then you need to do the following troubleshooting.
- Copy the driver file from a well-functioning computer
- Remove possible conflict applications
- Update mouse and USB drivers
- Run Logitech Unifying Receiver as administrator
- Perform a hard reset
Fix: Cannot Get Logitech Options Software to work on Windows 10 PC
Simply Follow these instructions
- Uninstall Logitech Options from Settings > Apps.
- Restart PC (not sure if necessary).
- Type in ‘Device Manager’ in the Start menu. Select the same.
- Expand ‘Human Interface Devices’.
- Right click on ‘Logitech USB Input Device’ > Uninstall device > tick ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ > hit Uninstall button
- Restart PC (again, not sure if necessary – I just did).
- Install newest version on Logitech Options.
Logitech Options not working Mac after updating to Catalina
Top fix this problem
- From the ‘Input monitoring’ & ‘Accessibility’ deleted all the Logi daemon and options.
- Then restored them by opening the app from launcher. Disabling them in Input Monitoring prompts to restart the app
- Maintain the correct combination and restart. It will help.