Logitech SetPoint software lets you customize your mouse buttons, keyboard F-keys, and hot keys. Use SetPoint to control tracking speeds and configure other device-specific settings. It can also notify you of our device’s battery status, and whether Caps Lock and Num Lock are on.
When to install SetPoint
- To assign a variety of functions to your mouse buttons or keyboard F-keys and hot keys.
- If your mouse has more than 5 buttons. Windows has built-in support for five-button mice, but if your mouse has more than five buttons then you’ll need to install SetPoint to support the extra buttons.
- If your mouse is a Logitech G-Series gaming mouse, then you will need to install Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) instead of SetPoint.
If your mouse has a tilt wheel and you want to use it to scroll left and right in traditional Windows desktop applications like Microsoft Excel.
- To assign shortcuts for common Windows* 8 functions to your keyboard’s F-keys.
When you don’t need SetPoint
SetPoint is not required for the following mouse functions that are built into Windows® 8:
- Left click
- Right click
- Middle click
- Back/forward buttons for navigating Web pages
If you want to assign other functions to your mouse buttons, then you can use SetPoint to change their functionality.
Functions that only work with Windows 8
- Start Screen: When Start screen is assigned to a mouse button or keyboard key, pressing the button will take you directly the Start screen. A second press will take you back to your previous location.
- Show Desktop: Takes you to the desktop in Windows 8. Minimizes open application windows in Windows 7.
- Switch Applications: This function cycles through your open applications one at a time with each button press.
- Charms: Opens the Windows 8 Charms bar.
- App Bar: Opens the App Bar in Windows 8-style applications.